Saturday, December 22, 2012





This was my first try at one of my favorite holiday cookies~ Peanut Butter Blossoms. Of course, like any recipe it was trial and error. I first went by the recipe on the back of the Hershey Kisses bag~ umm~ not my favorite and certainly not like Mom used to make. Then I tried Betty Crocker's recipe and found it much more to my liking. Somehow butter is always better than shortening~ and when you add a little vanilla to the mix, it's a hit! I might add that I also had an issue with the baking time. The recipe says to bake them for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown. I found it difficult to see the edges browning (since the dough is kinda brown already from the brown sugar) so kept the first batch in the oven a tad too long. They didn't burn, but they were crunchier then I like. 8 to 10 minutes is about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment