Saturday, September 22, 2012



It's Fall Festival Time!

September is one of my favorite months of the year in New England. The mugginess of summer is relieved by dry, sun-drenched days and crisp, cool nights. The sky is bluer than blue dotted with pure white, cream-puff clouds, and the garden is in her final glory. It's time, once again, for agricultural fairs and fall festivals to rule the calendar. Every year the hardest part for me is choosing which ones to attend.


This particular year I'm proud to be a part of what will surely prove to be one of the most spectacular fall festivals of all~ the
Simple Pleasures from the Past show at the Walker Homestead in Brookfield, Massachusetts. I invite you to join me there for what dear friend and owner of Walker Homestead Kris Casucci calls~ "a celebration of the past with over 40 dealers of early country antiques and handmade primitive goods, food, music and fun." This juried show is scheduled for this coming Saturday (September 29th) from 10 AM til 4 PM. For more information including a complete list of exhibitors, directions, and images of past events at the Homestead, please visit www.WalkerHomestead.com

The images shown here were taken at the Log Cabin Primitives booth  (www.LogCabinCountryPrimitives.com) at the recent the Brimfield Antiques Show. (Thanks for your generosity, Nancy!) Nancy is only one of the top primitive dealers in the country who will be exhibiting at the show at Walker Homestead.

As I mentioned earlier, I will also be in attendance signing First Edition copies of my newest children's book release,
Change the World Before Bedtime, along with my new 2013 calendar, Feels Like Home, as well as scented jar candles featuring my photo art and my boxed Christmas cards.

In addition, two of my closest friends, Noel Runnals and Verge Prior of
Circa Home Living (www.CircaHomeLiving.com) will be featured booth judges at the show. (Shhh~ word is they may even have copies of their new 2013 catalog fresh off the press!)

All in all, this is going to be one show anyone interested in the "country way of life" wouldn't want to miss.


Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment